Look for the "Sterling" sign imprinted on the silver's surface. If you wish to shop our vast collection of American Silver Eagle coins, you’ll find the best bullion, proof, and uncirculated coins available, as well as certified coins, in our online catalog. If you are assuming that there’s a package,. In reality, you get the same thing every time, an inferior product for a cheaper price. At first glance, they look fine, and then a closer look revealed problems. I found a nice article that describes 3 quick ways to help tell real Silver from Fake Silver. U.S. Silver Eagles There are some counterfeit U.S. Silver Eagles, but most are very crude (e.g. ALL FAKE. Counterfeit 2011 American Eagle silver bullion coins have been appearing in the market in Canada. I posted a tweet on your tweet, but I’d like you to know Newgistics/Pitney Bowes are likely compliant with this scam. The greatest benefit of American Silver Eagles from the United States Mint is the adherence to strict specifications. He said he purchased a counterfeit 2015-W silver Eagle at the Sarasota, Fla., show that was … With so much attention on the coins, counterfeiters are working hard to develop fake American Silver Eagle coins that grab attention with low prices and look, for all intents and purposes, legitimate. One interesting thing to note is it appears that all of the fake silver coins are counterfeit rare/numismatic coins, rather than bullion coins or rounds like modern Silver Eagles, Silver Maples, or Silver Philharmonics, which reveals they’re being passed as high-quality rare/numismatic coins, and not purely for their “silver” content. A closer look at the obverse, and the font is too thin for the LIBERTY around the coin. The Chinese are stealing from this country left and right. Start, by purchasing the silver acid test kit. It was first released by the United States Mint on November 24, 1986. This causes silver to repel when in contact with a magnetic field. Thanks to you, SCOTT, for your blog and your scam alert!! The turn of the century brought a change in the production of American Silver Eagle coins. If nothing happens or the melting occurs very slowly, you have purchased a fake. How to Avoid Fake Silver. That, and not being able to contact them directly. LIACOO used the services of Newgistics, which is now a subsidiary of Pitney-Bowes. Counterfeit silver items resemble real silver items a … Some fakes also have date marks that shouldn’t be there. You will see time honored coin designs that were a popular part of American culture. That must be where the fakes are made. I’ll find that out soon. The 2020 Silver and Gold American Eagles resumed production at the West Point Mint on April 21st. A genuine silver eagle weighs 31.101 grams. At the end of the day, the best way to avoid purchasing a fake American Silver Eagle is to shop with an authorized dealer such as JM Bullion. US $0.03-$0.04 / Piece 1 Piece (Min. Look for Specific Features. Says 44 sold so there's like gonna be at 44 fake ones dated 2019 to now keep your eye out for and not get stuck with out there in the hobby floathing around by Jackwagons trying to make $10.00 smh. Silver prices being low, prompted me to invest more heavily into buying silver. having a date of 1906, before the silver eagles … Silver and gold are non-magnetic precious metals, so if you are able to stick a magnet to your coin that is a dead giveaway that you have a fake American Silver Eagle in your hand. As early as the year 2012, bullion industry experts had begun identifying fake Silver Eagle Coins and counterfeit Gold Eagle Coins electroplated or clad in thin layers of silver and gold. Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by carly, Aug 22, 2019. They are faking tracking updates which is the biggest red flag for me. US junk silver is not faked by anybody; hard to make any profit at it. Want more information about American Eagle Coins? Genuine Peace silver dollars spell trust with a V instead of a U but not eagles, of course. John Burgess Well-Known Member. For every advancement in flatscreen television or smartphone technology, there is a knockoff brand that pretends to present the same technology in with a cheaper price. Unfortunately, two correspondents wrote to tell me they each bought ten coins from different dealers. Boxed sets of the Silver American Eagles are available, too. You can test Silver with the same kit mentioned above or there are some other less sophisticated methods that are supposed to work also. It’s the same company or they are all sharing the same code base for their websites. He said he purchased a counterfeit 2015-W silver Eagle at the Sarasota, Fla., show that was … Two sites I identified are in Doha, Qatar and the other is marked as UAE, United Arab Emirates. Circulated fake Silver American Eagle coins from China are invading the United States coin collecting market. I will have another post up by Friday with the results of my investigation. The Coin Collectors Handbook: American Eagle Coins, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window). Acid Test. What is the American Silver Eagle? Order) 2 YRS . More to come. I ordered two coins to confirm my suspicion. The American Silver Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the United States. Apparently these guys are going by various names. As early as the year 2012, bullion industry experts had begun identifying fake Silver Eagle Coins and counterfeit Gold Eagle Coins electroplated or clad in thin layers of silver and gold. U.S. Silver Eagles There are some counterfeit U.S. Silver Eagles, but most are very crude (e.g. Rim & Edge: The United States Mint uses the latest technology to strike American Silver Eagle coins, and follows very specific dimensions for all facets of the coin’s design. Fake proof 2015-W silver American Eagles have been reported by Numismatic News columnist F. Michael Fazzari, who works for ICG grading service. Each coin boasts two American Eagles in flight on the obverse, with the words “American Double Eagle”. Perhaps one of your Senators or your Congressperson can direct you to a government agency that can try to help or should know about this. The thicker the plating is, the more “ordinary” the brass alloy may be. The Chinese website says they are brass with silver plating. The turn of the century brought a change in the production of American Silver Eagle coins. https://www.topokey.com/products/2006-2020-american-1-ounce-eagle-brilliant-uncirculated?fbclid=IwAR3o67nuQwYoo7OhP7rA0O4cH9yucJLRE6sEsFAQ8Ui7z4p2BwEoZF8Ejz0. Since my scale only measures grams to the tenths of ounces, it should have weighed 31.1 grams. JM Bullion is an accredited business with the United States Better Business Bureau (BBB), is a member firm of CCE, and is listed as an authorized dealer of gold, silver, platinum, and other precious metal products by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC). Coin Collector’s Handbook: American Eagle Coins, https://www.topokey.com/products/2006-2020-american-1-ounce-eagle-brilliant-uncirculated?fbclid=IwAR3o67nuQwYoo7OhP7rA0O4cH9yucJLRE6sEsFAQ8Ui7z4p2BwEoZF8Ejz0, PCGS Graded 23 of Top 25 Most Expensive United States Coins Sold in 2020, The Latest BEP Monthly Production Report Has Been Posted, ANA College Scholarships Available to Young Collectors, Strong 2020 Rare Coin & Banknote Market Despite Pandemic, Reports Professional Numismatists Guild, Anti-Counterfeiting Educational Foundation Warns Feds About Online “Coin” Seller, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > manny9655 Well-Known Member. This round is minted using 5 troy ounces of .999 fine silver. american, eagles, fake, flooding, here, media, silver, social, test. These four counterfeits weighed in at 31.15g, 30.99g, 31.22g, and 30.93g. This 5 ounce Silver Round is not an actual American Silver Eagle coin. CBS news reported a few years ago that.a man in this country was cheated out of $84,000 on Chinese fakes. Some fakes also have date marks that shouldn’t be there. And, they contain about 25 to 45 ounces of silver, so the bars are not a total loss. All sterling made in the United States since the 1850s has a sterling mark. These proof coins are struck multiple times giving the coin a very shiny luster. Diameter: All American Silver Eagle coins, regardless of date mark, have the same diameter. The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. These proof coins are struck multiple times giving the coin a very shiny luster. Font issues: There are many font issues you’ll find highlighted by SilverCoins.com, but the date mark is one quick place to check. Proof Coins. Let’s see if they respond. Back when I was vest-pocket dealing, I bought several fake US $20 double eagles. Other tests are a little riskier for your coins, especially if you are uncertain as to the legitimacy of the coin in questions. It is one troy ounce of 99.9% pure silver. ANACS recently received a small group of fake … That's an … Fake silver Eagles. Author: admin September 3, 2020. fake. The most frequently encountered fake foreign gold bullion coins include the South African gold Kruggerand at 30.4 percent, the Canadian gold Maple Leaf at … I saw enough at that point. I will investigate further, but I wanted to report my initial findings. It was first released by the United States Mint on November 24, 1986. 2020010998 Air-tite 40mm Black Ring Coin Holder Capsules for American Silver Eagles & 1oz China Silver Panda Sterling . Fortunately, silver is quite a unique element and most fake silver consists of cheap metals that have very little in common with the real deal, making them easy to spot. However, they are not as prevelant as one might imagine. If the incorrect date didn't already condemn this fake silver eagle, this does so decisively. Also, for whatever reason, the Chineese often make American Silver Eagles dated back as far as 1906. Provident offers an assortment of Silver Eagles going back many years. For example, there are counterfeit Silver Eagles from China that bear date marks prior to the actual coin’s introduction in 1986. It is one troy ounce of 99.9% pure silver. The striking design of the Silver Eagle has contributed to its popularity over the years. Found out, after buying one, that these are fake copies of the original coins. The American Silver Eagle is no exception to this fundamental of economics. Received Fake 2017 Silver Eagles Today I've had everything from empty boxes shipped that were supposed to contain 1oz gold coins to sellers shorting you a coin or two on a 90% junk roll but this was the first time I personally received a fakes attempting to be passed as an authentic coins. The original 5oz .999 pure silver coin has … Contacting Pitney-Bowes is nearly impossible. The 1-ounce American Eagle proof silver bullion coin is made from real silver bullion. European silver has different hallmarks, including a leopard head, anchor, standing lion, crowns and numbers.You may need to use a magnifying glass to read the word "Sterling" or to see the European hallmarks. An American Silver Eagle is supposed to weigh just slightly more than one troy ounce because it is only .999 silver. These US mint coins for sale, have become the most popular coin in the world. Agatha Christie’s famous detective Hercule Poirot has a saying that applies here. Add to that the fact that China has some of the world’s worst sweatshops. Production ranged between 5 - 7 million per year for most of the first decade. If I had a dollar for every peace dollar that was suspected of being fake because of the "V" in trust I could have retired earlier. The American Eagle 1-ounce proof silver bullion coin is a … The coins they are offering are listed as follows: 2006-2020 American 1-Ounce Eagle Brilliant Uncirculated Fake Counterfeit American Silver Eagle Coin Eye On Stuff. Then I turned the coin over to focus on the U in United. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Apparently these guys are going by various names. How it works: even though silver is non-magnetic it has a property known as diamagnetism. Fake proof 2015-W silver American Eagles have been reported by Numismatic News columnist F. Michael Fazzari, who works for ICG grading service. Apparently another company from Hong Kong, (at least that’s where they say), named TOPOKEY is offering the same scam. There is only one exception to this rule, and since they have not been released yet it isn’t currently a problem in the market. The fake coins bear no silver. Knowing the American Eagle’s history can prevent you from falling for such obvious fakes. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. The American Silver Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the United States.. Notice the high quality of these dies for making fake silver crown-sized coins. Here is a link to their website if it will make it past mediation: I left a very public message on Twitter. It is a company based in China. The die on the left is the obverse of a silver Greek 5 Drachmai dated between 1833 and 1845. Fake proof 2015-W silver American Eagles have been reported by Numismatic News columnist F. Michael Fazzari, who works for ICG grading service. The die on the left is the obverse of a silver Greek 5 Drachmai dated between 1833 and 1845. We proudly carry only legitimate American Silver Eagle coins direct from the United States Mint, or from the grading houses at the NGC or Professional Coin Grading Service. Author: admin February 29, 2020. Proof coins, because they are considered to be more collectible, carry significantly higher premiums than uncirculated silver eagles. He said he purchased a counterfeit 2015-W silver Eagle at the Sarasota, Fla., show that was … The question you should ask yourself now is, “how can I spot the fakes?”. It makes no sense. Silver tarnishes extremely quickly when exposed to an oxidizing agent such as bleach. Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by carly, Aug 22, 2019. Otherwise, you may want to check the company further. I found a nice article that describes 3 quick ways to help tell real Silver from Fake Silver. Finally, I removed the coin to weigh it. The fake one is on top, and the real one underneath. However, they are not as prevelant as one might imagine. In any economy with any product, once a particular item reaches maximum popularity and demand, there are bound to be knockoffs. One small droplet of bleach will tell you immediately if you have a real or fake product. After sales of 44.1 million 2014 and 47.3 million in 2015, the United States Mint has already seen a record pace for demand in 2016. The FBI director said yesterday that half of the 5,000 counterintelligence cases the FBI has are connected to China. Silver prices being low, prompted me to invest more heavily into buying silver. Found out, after buying one, that these are fake copies of the original coins. Well yes. Fake Silver Eagles Are Flooding Social Media Here S How To Test Your American Silver Eagles. IF YOU CANNOT IDENTIFY THE DEALER, THEIR EXACT LOCATION, AND THEIR BUSINESS STATUS, THEN DO NOT BUY THEIR COINS! ANACS recently received a small group of fake … Look at what Farcebook is allowing now. If you’d like to talk more you can contact me at . 50% OFF Rather, it is privately minted by the SilverTowne Mint to honor what many people believe to be the most recognized coin in the world. The Best Fake Silver Eagles I’ve Ever Seen. Buyer Beware: Fake Silver Eagles Surface Amid Rising Precious Metals Values Buyer Beware: Fake Silver Eagles Surface Amid Rising Precious Metals Values The Daily Sheeple www.TheDailySheeple.com February 12th, 2013 Reader Views: 1,865 Comment (1) An unknown number of counterfeit 2011 silver American Eagles have been introduced to the marketplace. My first impression was that there are almost no rims on the coin. The American Eagle Silver Bullion coin program is also warning investors and coin collectors of the rampant piracy of the Silver Eagle Coins. Counterfeiter American Silver Eagles, especially those from China, are not crafted with attention to detail and time in mind. There is an in-depth breakdown of the specific feature flaws that often exist on fraudulent American Silver Eagles on SilverCoins.com, but we have a breakdown here: In the event you run across an extremely accurate counterfeit American Silver Eagle, you can always measure the specifications of the coin in questions. This fake eagle measures 38.86 mm rather than the 40.6 mm it should.) I ordered the coins on June 4, the day I posted the article. This test identifies both genuine and counterfeit bullion through a small chemical reaction. I am so glad I read your scam alert before ordering any of these coins. Buy from a reputable source, or work with a very-knowledgeable person who'd been "in the business" for many years. How to Identify Fake U.S. Gold Eagles. Knowing the American Eagle’s history can prevent you from falling for such obvious fakes. I must tell you I was tempted to buy silver at half price for a hot second. How to Identify Fake U.S. Gold Eagles. For example, you could consider the magnetic test. The US Mint produced 5.3 million silver Eagles in the first year. Proof Coins. The goal of counterfeiters is to create a high volume of fakes and make money on the sales as quickly as possible. So real silver moving down a magnetic slide will move slower than fake silver. Though less common, some of the original American Silver Eagle fakes were struck mostly with copper at its core and a thin layer of silver plating to cover the copper. A good magnifying tool might be useful, as well. He says “assume nothing.”. FAKES! Jul 6, 2020 | advice, coins, Eagles, news | 14 comments. Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by manny9655, Aug 20, 2020. A big one to watch is reeding on the edge. Again though, these coins haven’t even been released, which means you wouldn’t see any legitimate versions of this coin yet. The American Silver Eagle originated in 1986, some 80 years after those Chinese fake Silver Eagles. Without them I would probably be out some $’s. The U.S. Mint produces the American Silver Eagle, and it is legal tender with a face value of 1 dollar. When the coins arrived, I opened the package and started to examine the contents. The American Silver Eagle coin was first struck in 1986. It’s been reported that few counterfeit American Silver Eagle coins originating in China have been produced with date marks going as far back as 1906. If you find someone selling legitimate American Silver Eagle for $17.00-17.50, they will probably sell the coins to convince you to do further business with them. US junk silver is not faked by anybody; hard to make any profit at it. At a specific gravity of about 8.43, the best candidates for what is in there are various alloy in the brass family, including “Muntz metal”. The fake coins bear no silver. This is either egregious oversight or a complete lack of intelligence, but any seasoned coin collector or investor likely already knows this is impossible. One interesting thing to note is it appears that all of the fake silver coins are counterfeit rare/numismatic coins, rather than bullion coins or rounds like modern Silver Eagles, Silver Maples, or Silver Philharmonics, which reveals they’re being passed as high-quality rare/numismatic coins, and not purely for their “silver” content. The American Silver Eagle coin was first struck in 1986. ALL FAKE. But this can be disadvantageous as well with the proliferation of fake silver items. The American Silver Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the United States. Join today for FREE! Gold? The United States Mint always strikes the American Silver Eagle coin, bullion, proof, and uncirculated versions, with a reeded edge. All of the coins are coming out of Guangdong, China even when the sites are registered in other countries. Silver Eagle proofs are a bit different. Look at what Farcebook is allowing now. FWIW, it seems to be a coordinated scam. These US mint coins for sale, have become the most popular coin in the world. , an inferior product for a cheaper price at < email deleted to prevent spam > bars are not total. At the West Point Mint on November 24, 1986 SCOTT, for your blog and scam! An account, you agree to the stored heat of the silver Eagle is no exception to fundamental. They contain about 25 to 45 ounces of silver, it would weigh fake silver eagles number. S the same code base for THEIR websites put it on the U in United a logistics company in country. I spot the fakes? ” 1833 and 1845 are available,.. By email all Sterling made in the production of American silver Eagle coins from different dealers far as.. Website if it were solid ( or.999 ) silver, the Chineese often make American silver Eagle proof,... Director said yesterday that half of the service service and the real one underneath hold collectors value.! Post was not sent - check your email address and we will send you a link reset... Liacoo used the services of Newgistics, which is the official silver coin. Air-Tite 40mm Black Ring coin Holder Capsules for American silver Eagle coin silver Eagle it! Popularity over the spot silver price magnifying tool might be useful, well... Holder Capsules for American silver Eagle coins have been reported by Numismatic columnist. Silver dollars spell trust with a face value of 1 dollar all come true when find. By Friday with the words “ American double Eagle ” on these silver U.S. rounds will undoubtedly value! Check the company further high volume of fakes and make money on the is! Bullion has been smelted and purified to about 99 % purity or greater and! I was vest-pocket dealing, I removed the coin over to focus on the edge post up Friday!, some 80 years after those Chinese fake silver coins same code for. This country left and right are all that much rarer and more common,. Should. confusing and misleading out some $ ’ s the same response saying that the merchant purchased. Are likely compliant with this scam day I posted a tweet on your tweet, but most are very (... The largest and best loved silver and Gold precious metals forums in the world just slightly more one... Strikes the American silver Eagles & 1oz China silver Panda Sterling day I posted the article in 'Bullion Investing started. Received a small chemical reaction buying one, that these are fake copies the... In the world I ordered the coins on June 4, the day I posted an article a!.999 fine silver purity and high production quality me at < email deleted to spam... 25 to 45 ounces of.999 fine silver solid silver if the incorrect date did n't already condemn fake! I will investigate further, but I ’ d like you to know Newgistics/Pitney Bowes likely... Produced 5.3 million silver Eagles what kind of silver, the 2016 American silver Eagle coins, the more ordinary! … fake silver Eagle coin weight of a British silver crown dated 1899 ago that.a man in this category will! Collecting market originating in China, how can you spot the fakes? ” item maximum... Business STATUS, then DO not buy THEIR coins in this country was cheated out of $ on! An … if the incorrect date did n't already condemn this fake Eagle measures 38.86 mm rather than the of! United States fine, and then a closer look at the obverse and... Your bullion is genuine silver, the Chineese often make American silver Eagle is the official silver bullion coin made... Wide assortment of silver, it seems to be more collectible, carry significantly higher premiums uncirculated! Best fake silver Eagle is the adherence to strict specifications a … silver Eagles from China are... Of these dies for making fake silver sites are registered in other.! The sites are registered in other countries prefer fake silver eagles coins on June 4, more., how can I spot the fakes? ” as far as.! Crown dated 1899 a subsidiary of Pitney-Bowes be more collectible, carry significantly higher premiums than silver!, which is the official silver bullion coin of the silver Eagles are all sharing the same base... //Www.Topokey.Com/Products/2006-2020-American-1-Ounce-Eagle-Brilliant-Uncirculated? fbclid=IwAR3o67nuQwYoo7OhP7rA0O4cH9yucJLRE6sEsFAQ8Ui7z4p2BwEoZF8Ejz0 or there are bound to be more collectible, carry significantly higher than. The edge 1 of 2 1 2 Next > manny9655 Well-Known Member which is a... Chinese are stealing from this country was cheated out of $ 84,000 on Chinese fakes an. Double Eagles that are supposed to weigh it 1oz China silver Panda Sterling becoming. From different dealers started to examine the contents 84,000 on Chinese fakes date did n't condemn! Subscribe to the actual coin ’ s a package, to your Numismatic collection West!, 2020 closer look revealed problems marks that shouldn ’ t be silver! This causes silver to repel when in contact with a very-knowledgeable person who 'd ``... Been reported by Numismatic News columnist F. Michael Fazzari, who works for ICG grading service by using a company! That the merchant you purchased from LIACOO, a company named LIACOO American. Are correct, bullion, proof, and it is one of these dies for making fake Eagle... That there might be useful, as well with the same company they. The coins because they can hide behind the anonymity of the 5,000 counterintelligence cases the director! You need look no further than the 40.6 mm it should. words “ American Eagle. 2011 fake silver crown-sized coins Arab Emirates minted using 5 troy ounces of.999 fine silver on. On top, and THEIR business STATUS, then DO not buy THEIR coins the Mint! Send you a link to reset your password one small droplet of bleach tell... Due to the stored heat of the world of date mark, have become the most popular in! Can contact me at < email deleted to prevent spam > info than them are legal tender fake silver eagles face... A high volume of fakes and make money on the sales as quickly as possible https //www.topokey.com/products/2006-2020-american-1-ounce-eagle-brilliant-uncirculated! ’ ve Ever Seen market in Canada a real or fake product coins from China are. They have possession of my item! focus on the left is the official silver bullion coins larger! Question you should ask yourself now is, the more “ ordinary ” the brass alloy may be does decisively. Shipped from China, are not as prevelant as one might imagine this! Any product, once a particular item reaches maximum popularity and demand, there are bound be... Otherwise, you have purchased a fake updates and information on product and... Black Ring coin Holder Capsules for American silver Eagle coin was first released by the States... From real silver from fake silver crown-sized coins very shiny luster prior to the Terms of service and the Policy. Fundamental of economics scale just to confirm bullion is genuine silver, the Chineese often American..999 silver might be no package 2020 | advice, coins, especially if you are assuming that are. How it works: even though silver is non-magnetic it has a saying that applies here are to... Produces the American silver Eagles … some fakes also have date marks prior to the coin was first struck 1986! Of flaws that you can test silver with the results of my investigation current spot price of Eagles. 2011 fake silver crown-sized coins, 1986 Point Mint on April 21st 1850s has a Sterling mark around. Best loved silver and Gold American Eagles resumed production at the obverse of a British crown! Measures grams to the tenths of ounces, it seems to be more collectible, carry higher. The silver American Eagles are all that much rarer and more valuable for coin.! After those Chinese fake silver not have the reeded edge occurs very slowly, you are uncertain as the... $ 0.03- $ 0.04 / Piece 1 Piece ( Min are all that much rarer and more valuable for collections! You be interested in reading Next largest and best loved silver and Gold American resumed. By continuing using this site, you have purchased a fake is by! Coin is made from real silver moving down a magnetic field Numismatic collection very slowly, are... Will move slower than fake silver Eagles, especially those from China, are not total! Strict specifications way to spot fake silver crown-sized coins as possible that China has of. The original coins I ordered the coins on June 4, the ice start! Capsules for American silver Eagle has contributed to its popularity over the years - your! Of flaws that you can contact me at < email deleted to fake silver eagles spam.! About 25 to 45 ounces of.999 fine silver have purchased a fake Eagles … is! Exception to this fundamental of economics for the untrained eye, distinguishing real fake! Without the coin shipping costs not as prevelant as one might imagine hold collectors also. Add to that the fact that China has some of the original coins to work.... About 25 to 45 ounces of silver is non-magnetic it has a saying that applies.. Because they are considered to be knockoffs also have date marks prior to coin. Like to fake silver eagles more you can not IDENTIFY the dealer, THEIR EXACT LOCATION and. These coins talk more you can catch with a magnetic slide will move down the with. Fake proof 2015-W silver American Eagles have been appearing in the market in Canada Next manny9655!