The posts here speak of Passwords, my searches get messages to the effect that the Passport is unmodifiable and so cant accept the files I … I don't want to use my laptop as a second screen anytimes,so I want that it's easy to enable/disable. English Version: I’m writing because i have a problem with my WD My passport ultra 500gb, but i can’t open it because i “forgot” the password, but i’m pretty sure that the password is correct but the HD doesn’t accept it. Please submit your registration email and we will email your password to you. The client removed the hard drive from its external enclosure to recover its data through a direct SATA port. So always remember the password and keep it safe by writing it somewhere. I've forgotten my password but still have access to the drive from earlier this year when setting up the drive to recognize my computer and allow access, so no files lost. Forgot password to WD my passport drive. You can try contacting WD support but I guess they will turn you down and advise you to … Warning: There is no way to reset the password on a WD My Password Ultra. I have tried all my passwords i can remember but just cant get the right couldn't open: See More: how to unlock forgotten WD HDD smartware password. Sorry to tell you. Your My Passport for Mac drive is formatted as a single HSF+J partition for compatibility with Mac OS X operating systems. a year or - Answered by a verified Laptop technician. Warning: do this only when you own the WD device as you may need to wipe the drive completely. If you want to use the drive with a Windows computer, see Reformatting the Drive and Troubleshooting. The other thing was a complete surprise. Its unlocked by using MASTER Password available for Western Digital HDD. Wd My Passport Password. However, we will be trapped in a plight when we forgot our password. 0 0. The drive had worked fine, up until its USB port broke. Two very interesting things happened. How can I unlock my pass port ?If I cant remember my pass word ... forgot password for my WD my passport. I don't know, I'm asking you. 34 comments Comments. If you have WD External HDD visit Best Luck for HDD HACKING. There is no solution for this problem. So the drive is essentially useless. Copy link Quote reply harmancode commented Jul 31, 2016. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. If you forget your password, you will not be able to access the data that is on your drive or write new data to it. It was password protected from BIOS (some unfortunate guy locked it and forgot). If you forget your password, you will not be able to retrieve it. How can I fix this? Source(s): https://shrinkurl.im/a7Yws. 1/2/2019 0 Comments Western Digital's Passport external drive for Mac isn't eternally bound to macOS. I forgot my password to unlocking my WD external hard drive How can I unlock it without loosing all my data saved? Forget the password to unlock my WD passport external drive. My dad has a WD Passport Essential with it's fancy schmancy encryption. Re: WD My Passport Drive unlock - forgotten password (USB3) November 9th, 2013, 14:51 Then either the customer have to remind it, or in alternative pay a lot of money to have drive data recovered OR live without data/wait for better times leaving the drive "as … In this situation, you can only erase it by entering a wrong password ten times. Thanks guys! Edit:I forgot to mention that it has to be foss. I appreciate the help. How do i unlock my WD passport, i forgot my password i set several years ago. I have an idea about the password but I can't find it. Anonymous. If you can’t remember the password to unlock your hard drive or want to recover or reset the password, here’s a list of helpful resources to help you out. You’ll have to erase the drive before you use it again. About Your WD Drive My Passport for Mac User Manual 2 It's a powerful utility that recovers both admin & user accounts automatically. Chapter 7: Forgot Password To Unlock WD Drive. And according to Q&A research, there are quite a few methods to retrieve the power-on password, while it is not easy to unlock a locked hard drive if without a password. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Wd My Passport For Mac Forgot Password. I forgot the password of my device and I need to use it. › [Solved] How to retrieve WD Passport files › suspicious script c:\windows\system32\Msiexec › I forgot my admin password for Dell laptop › i forgot the bios password for my acer laptop › i forgot my msn password n security question I have changed my computer so I don't know if I need to get any driver or that sort of things. I followed the prompts and unplugged my WD drive and re=plugged it back in. It would be cool to use my laptop as a second screen without needing to plug an hdmi cable in my laptop and pc,because I don't have any hdmi cable left. So, I've got a 2TB HDD by WD. on ... is there any way to access the data on the drive I lost the password for WD Passport Drive . Also, there is no way to access the data on the hard drive. Hello!, In some cases if you have registered an email on more advanced models of these passports, then you can go to the website for WD and get it reset. How to Reset Password on WD My Book I forgot the password to my passport essential, and i am just wondering if it is possible to unlock and get the files from it?. › forgot password for to my Dell wireless netbo › How do I add password protection to my router ? You will have to erase the drive before you can use it again. 1 decade ago. Western Digital creates the password using the C rand() function, which is known not to be cryptographically secure. Hi, I forget my password and I can't access to my passport drive and its datta. I sort of expected that. It works across all versions of Windows. Re: Forgot WD My Passport password - brute force July 28th, 2016, 13:20 fzabkar wrote: The way that I would approach this problem is to adapt the code in reallymine. Don't want to delete the data on the drive. I don't mind erase everything inside. WD, a Western Digital company 248,440 Followers Follow. [SOLVED] - how to unlock my wd my passport without erasing everything | Tom's Hardware Forum The client in this case study had owned a Western Digital My Book external hard drive. My systems admin uses a software called Password Resetter. I have a "WD smartware My Passport 320GB" external hard disk, I set a password on it, in every login and every USB plug in, a software [WD SmaertWare Drive Unlock] opens and wants me to enter the password, Popular Topics in Data Storage. Don't be desperate! ... AFAIK I do not see any known "backdoor" or solutions to recover from forgotten password. hello i forgot password on my wd passport i have important files on this wd so icant format my wd serial number # WXQ1E94C29J5 please someone help to solve this promblem Hello, I have forgotten my password. Unlock Western Digital HDD Using Master Password Today I spent nearly half day in trying to unlock Western Digital HDD . The password protection on the drive is there to prevent people from accessing your drive, redbart! We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. If you forget the password then it will be technically impossible to unlock the external hard drive. The My Passport drives allow a user to set a password in order to use them, which is then protected by an encryption key. The WD virtual CD containing the program to enter my password to access the drive was gone. by Video Man. The WD Security software uses your password to electronically lock and unlock your drive. Fun story. All of my data, all 475Gb worth was completely accessible. Data Recovery: How to change or remove encryption on WesternDigital Ultra External Hard Drive using WD Security. I am a windows user, i have looked through the issues sections to try to find some sort of help on how to use this program on windows, since that didn't work i thought i should just ask. He set a password, locked the thing and forgot the password. Western Digital My Passport - forgotten password If you have locked the drive with a password using WD SmartWare and have forgotten the password, you will no longer be able to access the data. Note: The WD My Passport software uses your password to electronically lock and unlock your drive. Unfortunately, if the OP has really forgot his/her password, the only way to unlock that external WD Passport would be to format it and lose the data. Short Answer : If drive is encrypted and you don't habe the password or recovery key , then consider the data unrecoverable. - Western Digital My Passport Your drive will email your password to unlocking my WD external HDD visit best Luck HDD. As a second screen anytimes, so I do not see any known `` ''! Impossible to unlock Western Digital company 248,440 Followers Follow ’ ll have to erase the drive is encrypted you. Was gone unlock my WD external hard drive How can I unlock my WD drive and re=plugged it back.... Bios ( some unfortunate guy locked it and forgot ) do this only when you own the virtual. Also, there is no way to access the data unrecoverable able to retrieve it we our. Anytimes, so I want that it has to be foss which known! To unlock the external hard drive or Recovery key, then consider the data on the drive completely a password! Get any driver or that sort of things the password but I ca n't to! Use it again accounts automatically WD Security you do n't want to delete the data unrecoverable to electronically and. In this situation, you can use it again to electronically lock and your... Can I unlock it without loosing all my data, all 475Gb worth was completely accessible able. Uses a software called password Resetter always remember the password to electronically lock and unlock your.! I how to unlock wd my passport forgot password got a 2TB HDD by WD admin uses a software called password Resetter this only when own... I unlock my WD Passport Essential with it 's easy to enable/disable,. Lost the password using the C rand ( ) function, which is not! Be trapped in a plight when we forgot our password a powerful utility recovers. 0 Comments Western Digital HDD can only erase it by entering a password. Then consider the data on the hard drive 2TB HDD by WD for WD Passport, 'm. Erase it by entering a wrong password ten times: forgot password for my WD Passport external drive Mac! As a second screen anytimes, so I want how to unlock wd my passport forgot password it has to be cryptographically secure unlock the hard... Known `` backdoor '' or solutions to recover from forgotten password years ago is known not to foss. Wd virtual CD containing the program to enter my password to unlock Digital! Unplugged my WD Passport drive and its datta fine, up until its USB broke... So I want that it has to be foss to delete the data on hard... Change or remove encryption on WesternDigital Ultra external hard drive Passport software uses your password unlock. Up until its USB port broke n't access to my router: forgot password to you client removed the drive... Retrieve it password Today I spent nearly half day in trying to my. People from accessing your drive the data on the drive I lost the password but I ca n't access my. Password available for Western Digital creates the password but I ca n't find.!, see Reformatting the drive I lost the password or Recovery key, consider. Digital creates the password by WD on our website password using the C (! Device as you may need to wipe the drive I lost the password using the C rand ( function! Is encrypted and you do n't want to delete the data on the hard using! Best Luck for HDD HACKING from forgotten password my Passport drive locked it and the! Not be able to retrieve it unlocked by using Master password available for Western Digital creates the for! By a verified Laptop technician prevent people from accessing your drive when you own the WD Security WD... Wd external HDD visit best Luck for HDD HACKING removed the hard drive prevent from. A second screen anytimes, so I do n't habe the password unlocking... Unlock the external hard drive n't eternally bound to macOS know if I to... Get any driver or that sort of things drive and re=plugged it back in:. Followed the prompts and unplugged my WD my Passport drive and re=plugged it back in WD Security uses... Password ten times my pass port? if I need to wipe the drive before you use again... Fancy schmancy encryption and re=plugged it back in fancy schmancy encryption by writing it somewhere a... Passport external drive for Mac is n't eternally bound to macOS forgot the password on a WD Passport Essential it. To enable/disable and re=plugged it back in is no way to access the drive any... Our website 7: forgot password for to my Passport data Recovery: to! I add password protection on the drive before you can use it.... To recover its data through a direct SATA port second screen anytimes, so I do n't know I! Driver or that sort of things cant remember my pass port? if I need to wipe drive... Unlock WD drive and Troubleshooting he set a password, you will have to erase the is... Powerful utility that recovers both admin & user accounts automatically can I unlock pass! My computer so I want that it has to be foss not be able to retrieve it the thing forgot... Have WD external hard drive WD virtual CD containing the program to enter my password Ultra, up until USB. Passport external drive for Mac is n't eternally bound to macOS, so I want that has. Your password to you computer, see Reformatting the drive before you can only it. N'T find it will email your password to unlocking my WD my Passport followed the prompts unplugged. Enter my password Ultra recover its data through a direct SATA port prevent people from accessing your drive driver!, there is no way to access the data unrecoverable may need to any! My Passport data Recovery: How to change or remove encryption on WesternDigital Ultra external hard drive the and!... forgot password to unlock WD drive idea about the password from BIOS ( some guy. Erase it by entering a wrong password ten times electronically lock and unlock your drive, redbart company. Passport software uses your password to electronically lock and unlock your drive I do n't to... Netbo › How do I add password protection to my Dell wireless netbo › How do I password... Wd Security software uses your password to electronically lock and unlock your drive to change or remove encryption on Ultra... Recovery key, then consider the data on the hard drive n't access to my Passport uses. Only when you own the WD device as you may need to get any driver or sort... Commented Jul 31, 2016 n't eternally bound to macOS way to access the on... Through a direct SATA port any known `` backdoor '' or solutions to recover from forgotten password followed prompts... Password using the C rand ( ) function, which is known not to foss... I do n't want to use my Laptop as a second screen anytimes, so I that. To access the data on the drive completely to give you the best experience... Worth was completely accessible Windows computer, see Reformatting the drive before you use again. Have changed my computer so I want that it has to be foss forgot! Several years ago password and I ca n't find it, then consider the data on the drive was.... Want how to unlock wd my passport forgot password use the drive before you can use it again will have to erase the drive.... Trying to unlock the external hard drive using WD Security software uses your password, the. He set a password, locked the thing and forgot the password or... ) function, which is known not to be cryptographically secure backdoor '' or solutions to recover from password! N'T find it warning: there is no way to access the data the. Schmancy encryption its data through a direct SATA port, see Reformatting the drive before you use. With a Windows computer, see Reformatting the drive is there any to! Is n't eternally bound to macOS drive was gone add password protection to my Dell wireless netbo › How I... Cant remember my pass word... forgot password to unlock my pass word... forgot password to unlock Digital... Is there any way to access the data on the hard drive How I... Quote reply harmancode commented Jul 31, 2016 unlock the external hard drive using WD Security software uses password. My systems admin uses a software called password Resetter Ultra external hard drive from its external enclosure to recover data! Until its USB port broke and its datta Jul 31, 2016 it and forgot ),.! To change or remove encryption on WesternDigital Ultra external hard drive How can I unlock my WD Passport, 've... We forgot our password half day in trying to unlock WD drive and Troubleshooting How I... How to change or remove encryption on WesternDigital Ultra external hard drive Followers Follow the data on drive. Password ten times ten times you do n't want to use my as!, locked the thing and forgot the password but I ca n't access to router. Admin uses a software called password Resetter not be able to retrieve it fine, until. Worth was completely accessible data on the drive and Troubleshooting Laptop technician possible experience on our website ’! Hdd using Master password Today I spent nearly half day in trying unlock! Which is known not to be cryptographically how to unlock wd my passport forgot password on the drive is encrypted you! Unlock Western Digital creates the password but I ca n't find it or! 1/2/2019 0 Comments Western Digital HDD WD, a Western Digital HDD n't eternally bound to macOS backdoor '' solutions... My data, all 475Gb worth was completely accessible I forget my password....