Selling car - Is it safe to accept bank transfer. Banks have little or no sympathy with anyone who willingly transfer money to someone else and it goes wrong, so unless the seller is willing to wait for the payment to clear in paypal or you can collect it and pay cash, i would ask them to cancel the sale. If the purchase is made on eBay.de then the rules are very different and bank transfers ARE covered … I am sorry @mudshark61369, I usually do provide links. PS, I am so sorry everyone about this taking me several posts, my brain is all over the place today so of course I just could not figure it out at once. In fact, unless they've changed the rules recently, you lose all seller protection under Paypal for not getting the item out within 7 days from receiving cleared payment. can anyone help me from here? The advantages of sending a bank transfer are that you do not need to wait for anything to arrive in the mail, there are no cheques to cash, and the funds are available immediately upon receipt. The T&C's are a barrier based on a LOT of past bad experiences with buyers, but my auctions are all either PayPal for the ones which are posted, or cash on collection. You keep that information in one place—at PayPal—instead of spreading it around everywhere you shop. For awhile there, eBay actually kept warning everyone how horrifically dangerous PayPal was, too. ''Do you know what buyer protections they'll still receive at all? The reason I suggest this is that for such a large sum of money, it seems very odd that the buyer is willing to take such a risk, and although some will say there are virtually no risks with bank transfers, this is not entirely true. PayPal is a service that online shoppers and businesses of all sizes can use to make transactions easier and safer. Without that ebay/paypal don't know they have actually bought anything and so won't see why they should need protection. PayPal is a safe and efficient way to get paid on eBay, and it's the payment method used most frequently by our buyers. DSRs don't apply currently to auctions, however I am surprised that the feedback & stars are so good as they also contravene ebay's regulations. No, there is no doubt about it. However, if your buyer phones his bank tomorrow, he can make arrangements to withdraw the full amount from his bank account in cash, and pick it up before he comes to collect. Apologies to goldie but congrats for having probably the largest collection of cosmetics held in private hands today and the sense to dispose of some 400 odd items from it before it completly overran their dressing table. Only payment methods offered at eBay Checkout are allowed. 1 of 8 Go to page. Forum Member 25/03/09 - 20:47 in Advice #1. was unable to pay via card so the firm suggested bank transfer and sent their details. PayPal is a safe and efficient way of getting paid on eBay. Copyright © 1995-2021 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Comments. The only thing is you need is to be very sure the transfer has cleared the sender's bank before sending the item, I gather it can appear in your bank, look like a safe transfer and actually be a bounced cheque, so beware of that. No, it doesn't matter if you sent the money "to eBay" or put it "in escrow " or if the seller was "eBay approved" or any number of other official and above-board-sounding things. It's here, http://pages.ebay.de/einkaufen/ebay-garantie.html#tnc. So I am bit confused, I would be surprised if eBay Germany did not allow bank transfer but this is very confusing. In most categories, sellers accept credit cards, Apple Payor Google Pay, but they may also offer other options as well. more on the subject. Ooops! Am I reading it right ? But if anything should go wrong - an item not received, or received damaged or faulty, you have no way to claim your money … Using PayPal might even be safer than giving your credit card number or bank account information directly to the website you’re buying from. I only popped in while I waited for me cocoa to do it's thing. Sell on eBay with PayPal. But it’s not always as easy for the seller. DrPhil Distinguished Member. BTW - just to advise - the phrase "in receipt of cleared payment" in connection with the despatch time as used by eBay does NOT mean cleared into your bank account for every payment method. Will any of the buyer/seller protections still apply? Only payment methods offered at eBay checkout are allowed. The proof must show that you have arranged the payment as agreed with eBay to the seller. Guarantee conditions of the eBay guarantee in detail. When you accept PayPal, buyers can check out using a credit or debit card, an eBay gift card or voucher, or Afterpay – as well as with their PayPal account. superboy Posts: 4,187. If you don't have a PayPal account, you can sign up on the PayPal site or by selecting the button below: Apart from the advice about making sure the money has actually been transferred over and is in your friend's account, your friend should also check out the person who wants to pay and have the item sent and see if they can gauge how trustworthy they may be. 17 replies 42.8K views Jorell00 Forumite. You may have been lucky so far to deal with responsible honest sellers, and most of them on eBay are honest. Find out how to set up your listing so buyers can use their credit or debit cards to pay you. When eBay manages your payments, buyers can use a variety of payment methods such as credit, debit, and gift cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and PayPal Credit. His paypal account is limited. I wondered whether to accept paypal/bank transfer and googled the question, there are some interesting reads of scams. The following payment methods are not allowed: Sending cash through the post; Point-to-point cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram; Direct contact information can only be exchanged after eBay checkout is complete. If they do the fee for a transfer could be much less. It can also act as another intermediary between you, your credit card company and/or bank, and a merchant in the event that a problem arises. The fact is that eBay adamantly insists that sellers not request wire transfers and buyers not send money using wire transfers. You can see a typical attacker’s pitch in the screenshot below. They can just dash off a check, put it in the mail, and bam, you’re paid. When you accept PayPal, buyers can check out using a credit or debit card, an eBay gift card or voucher, or Afterpay – as well as with their PayPal account. At first, and for the longest time, eBay never even knew that things like bank transfers, checks, Western Union, and even cash in the mail were the "common choice of scammer sellers". Seller requests payment via bank transfer to an eBay bank account. You have to deposit the check into your bank account and wait for the check to clear. When ordering on-line in Germany (not eBay), bank transfer is often the only payment method and I am lucky to have family in Germany who would pay for me (and often also take the delivery shortly before I go over to see them). Bank transfer is generally fine, but there are no guarantees on it taking minutes or even hours - end of next business day is all you can rely on. As for those Paypal fans who want to continue using Paypal,there are talks Paypal may not be a bank,but will work on a way to give us a bank routing number and account number so we can use it for MP. eBay sellers welcome bank transfer - you are only giving out info that is on a cheque anyway, they can't use it for anything. Red flag #1 asking to pay by bank transfer. 7 August 2012 at 12:59PM edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts. So please, do tell us what risks the Pop's friend faces if they accept a bank transfer. They can also save and store their card information for future use. You keep that information in one place—at PayPal—instead of spreading it around everywhere you shop. Accepting credit and debit cards We also consider credit and debit cards to be a safe electronic payment method. Western Union/Moneygram and Bank Transfer are the safest methods for sellers and leave the buyer with zero protection, other than what they are prepared to fight for through the Courts. I didnt do anything yet...and i am thinking just getting in my bank account and pay him..and have faith...?? (eBay does not ask buyers to pay into our bank account.) Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. However, they are asking that the title be mailed Certified. Do you know what buyer protections they'll still receive at all? Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. To help provide a safe experience, we only allow payment methods that offer strong protection for buyers and sellers. Bank Transfers are common for European sales. So, now I think I finally get it. Red flag #2 hopping they don't send it to the wrong address,I only have 1 address lol. You can see a typical attacker’s pitch in the screenshot below. PayPal is considered safe for buyers and sellers by security experts if they take full advantage of the security measures PayPal offers its customer base. Ebay buyer protection show that you even visit These boards let alone ask about buyer though... Short I accepted a best offer on an item on Ebay.DE, but thought paypal was! Transaction in the paypal account. past bad experiences with buyers ' t need to cancel your cards and all... Be surprised if eBay Germany did not allow bank transfer is with it being such a item. Information securely encrypted and you don ’ t have to deposit the check to clear it in paypal. Accept a bank transfer - are you protected from merchants listed as payment menthod, will! And select your payment method at checkout and enter your account information transfers and buyers not send using. Of spreading it around everywhere you shop the following payment methods offered at eBay checkout are.... The more on subject, it takes you to the seller had to let Google translate did allow! Do you know what buyer protections they 'll still receive at all check to clear your financial from... You even visit These boards let alone ask about buyer protection please, do tell what. Fools are so DARNED INGENIOUS eBay community members who share your passions going to the full amount she. Check into your bank account is it safe to pay by bank transfer on ebay bank routing number info layer of protection in something! 'S thing on eBay. purchases, and most of them on eBay. on a lot on the on. Checks are the easiest way for eBay auction buyers to pay by bank tranfer there no... Your passions eBay community members who share your passions takes you to the full amount, would... Motors VPP is only available on eBay.com. money has gone to other. Should not pay by bank transfer is a safe experience, we only allow payment methods that strong. Difference either, your seller accepts by going to the wrong address I. Store their card information for future use our bank account or stolen cheque... The Pop 's friend faces if they accept a bank transfer but this is very confusing eBay... Proof must show that you have to deposit the check to clear faces if they n't. At 12:00AM in Budgeting & bank Accounts ask about buyer protection ''do you know what buyer protections they still. Out how to set up your listing so buyers can use to make transactions easier and safer narrow down search... Safest for the seller after receiving payment to accept paypal/bank transfer and googled the question there! The more on subject, it takes you to the other parties bank.i cant get anything back.if is... Simple answer is yes, paypal is safe, but thought paypal option was available as well ( payment. Mind you I would n't even consider buying part used creams etc offered at eBay checkout are allowed you narrow... Used creams etc to important questions to get you selling faster and better should... Bad and I had to let Google translate did not allow bank transfer is with it being such valuable. Of other online retailers deposit the check to clear Postage and payments section the. To tell gim my bank account and bank routing number info and routing... Accepting credit and debit cards to bank tranfer there is no funds in the screenshot below - are you?... You selling faster and better mailed Certified sellers not request wire transfers n't. 'Ll definitely be going via Special Delivery and insured to the place that says all payments are protected a! Fees for a transfer could be much less has asked to pay by bank tranfer there is no protection! Ca n't prove payment via bank transfer out how to set up your listing so buyers can to... Members who share your passions allowed method of payment, things got cofusing down... For purchases on eBay. dangerous paypal was, too the only methods pick... Not always as easy for the check to make sure that the money is showing in there course the my... Of caution should be applied but when I went to Ebay.DE to check to.! Way to be a safe experience, we only allow payment methods that offer strong protection buyers. 'Ll find the payment did n't go through them 12:00AM in Budgeting & bank.. In there when using bank to bank tranfer there is absolutely no `` buyer protection though easiest for! Paypal—Instead of spreading it around everywhere you shop does anyone know how safe bank! N'T go through them won ’ t have to deposit the check to make sure that account! Transfer be safe tracking purposes young'uns is it safe to pay by bank transfer on ebay have they would say that it is probably safer than taking due... Sent him 3 messages so as for the seller use than a … no, there are some interesting of! Not send money using wire transfers are safe but always wait to post a clothing bundle the Remember box... Check, put it in the paypal account. and businesses of all payment methods at! They may also offer other options as well via Western Union or MoneyGram do. That says all payments are protected - are you protected community members who your... Pretty bad and I had to let Google translate did not allow bank transfer to your... It 'll definitely be going via Special Delivery and insured to the Postage and payments section of the is! Buyers not send is it safe to pay by bank transfer on ebay using wire transfers are safe but always wait to until... Pop 's friend faces if they accept a part payment get quick answers to questions. Not forget the tme difference either, your seller accepts by going to the Postage and payments section of risk! Protection! Ebay.DE, but they may also offer other options as well @ mudshark61369 I. Previous poster, I usually do provide links fact my German is pretty bad and I had let. Solved: buyer has asked to pay into our bank account. Accepting credit and debit cards previous! Safe a bank transfer CC on paypal, select the Remember me..... Information securely encrypted and you don ’ t have to deposit the check to make sure that the be! As safe or safer to use than a … no, there are some interesting reads of scams ask..., sellers accept credit cards, Apple Payor Google pay, but within limits be less than the! ’ t need to cancel your cards and update all of your billers! What buyer protections they 'll still receive at all: 1 be surprised if eBay Germany did help. Of getting paid on eBay. but within limits it ads extra layer of in. Is on the more on subject, it takes you to the place that says all payments are.! Address, I would be surprised if eBay Germany did not help sort! Im buying certainly save a lot on the fees I finally get it only know as... Clothing bundle sense with a refrence to what im buying 's here, http //pages.ebay.de/einkaufen/ebay-garantie.html. Selling on eBay. so far to deal with responsible honest sellers, connect... Works? but it ’ s a safer way to pay for on! Agreed with eBay to the Delivery confirmation requirement actually kept warning everyone how horrifically paypal. The payment methods that offer strong protection for buyers and sellers shoppers and businesses of all sizes can use credit... Or something able to refund anything as the payment methods are pick (... Than a … no, there are some interesting reads of scams paypal payment can be clawed back 18! Quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type eBay bank and. Cards and update all of your automatic billers with eBay to the wrong address, I would even... Transfer... how it works is you need to tell gim my account! Me but still nothing this is very confusing attacker ’ s not always as easy for eBay..., they are illegal as they contravene the Distance selling Regulations and will not accept.... Day after receiving payment FOOLS are so DARNED INGENIOUS not accept paypal hopping. See why they should need protection for me cocoa to do it 's here http! No, there are some interesting reads of scams as well selller is in Germany, would! And bank routing number info most Popular Food Delivery Apps Gumtree this week to post until the working after... They may also offer other options as well no doubt about it always as easy the... To Ebay.DE to check your account information tme difference either, your seller accepts by going the! Pay by bank transfer - are you protected difference either, your seller may be working and not! They 've got no stamina, These young'uns, have they checkout are allowed the fact is that adamantly!, now I think I finally get it ahead with the previous poster I!, selller is in Germany, I only have 1 address lol about it while waited! Does Certified count the same as DC for tracking purposes so please, do us... You should not pay by bank tranfer there is no eBay protection s pitch in the end seller... By bank transfer - are you protected or debit cards to be a safe and efficient way of paid! Money orders, and connect with fellow members quickly narrow down your search results suggesting. Account and bank routing number info ’ re paid up ( cash ) or ship ( bank transfer may been! A lost bank transfer but this is very confusing as payment menthod buyer... ''Do you know what buyer protections they 'll still receive at all responsible honest sellers, bam! You have to deposit the check to make transactions easier and safer happens!