Matt must go to extreme lengths to stop the killing spree of a psychopathic murderer who provokes gunfights with cowboys, farmers, and others who he knows have no chance against him. Season 1. Season 4. Gunsmoke: Return to Dodge (1987), Gunsmoke: The Last Apache (1990), Gunsmoke: To the Last Man (1992), Gunsmoke: The Long Ride (1993), and Gunsmoke: One … Welcome To The Gunsmokegang-Group Rules, Board Links and How to post. susie, thanks for giving us the information on Nusser. Lv 7. My sympathy to his family. Asked by Wiki User. There's nothing likable about him -- he just isn't unlikeable. GUNSMOKE … Why did chester leave Gunsmoke? Article by Answers. He fit the category of not very reliable but be was probably the most good hearted person Dodge City had. Season 19. From left to right, James Arness, Dennis Weaver, Milburn Stone on Gunsmoke / Everett Collection. Relevance. Directed by Robert Stevenson. Did James Arness own the horse he rode in Gunsmoke? 2020-06-09 17:52:33 2020-06-09 17:52:33. Ultimately, romance wasn’t the primary focus of Gunsmoke. But Matt's out of town, and the bounty hunter's companions get to the outlaw first. James Nusser was born on May 3, 1905 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Gunsmoke helped make Dennis Weaver a household name. Blake's character was Miss Kathleen "Kitty" Russell, the proprietor of a saloon in Dodge City, the setting for "Gunsmoke." He was an actor, known for Gunsmoke (1955), Perry Mason (1957) and The Magical World of Disney (1954). He died of natural causes at the age of 88 on June 3, 2011. Season 11. The TV show Gunsmoke was a classic and it ran for 20 years on CBS. Matt must go to extreme lengths to stop the killing spree of a psychopathic murderer who provokes gunfights with cowboys, farmers, and others who he knows have no chance against him. He passed away on June 6, 1979 in LA, California, USA. I did mostly musicals out of NYC. Season 18. James Nusser was born on May 3, 1905 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Season 20. Answer Save. Doc Adams didn't leave Gunsmoke by choice despite the stereotypes that actors leave shows over drama behind the scenes. It became the beginning of successful four decades in showbiz. Why did Chester Goode on Gunsmoke leave Dodge City? Season 12-20. Buck Taylor, who gained fame in Gunsmoke as Newly is the son of legendary character actor Dub Taylor who starred in hundreds of films and television) everything from Mr. Smith Goes To Washington to Andy Griffith Show , Hazel etc ). Asked by Wiki User. Blake subsequently quit the popular television show, which was then in its 19th season. After reading what several authors had to say on the subject of. In James Nusser's last appearance as Louie in The Thieves it is explained that he has stopped drinking and while at a moment of weakness he takes a drink at the end Louie restates that he has quit as he is sweeping up at the Long Branch indicating that is saying a lot HERE of all places. What role did he play on Little House on the Prairie? What did they use for whiskey on Gunsmoke? What happened to Burt Reynolds character on gunsmoke? Can you imagine the drama everyone would have missed out on had that happened? Directed by Gerald Mayer. They were married until his death in 1991 and he had two step-children.A statue of Ken Curtis as Festus can be found at 430 Pollasky Avenue in Curtis died on April 28, 1991, in his sleep of a heart attack in His real name was Ken Curtis (born July 2, 1916 and died April 28, 1991) Why did chester leave Gunsmoke? My friend Dave, who’s a sportswriter, regularly goes home during the day to catch a “Gunsmoke” rerun. Matt tells her it's her decision to make. Season 15. Asked by Wiki User. Season 17. Chapman is a highly cultured, very standoffish New Orleans dandy. He died on June 6, 1979 in Los Angeles, California, USA. GUNSMOKE. At the time of his death, he has a net worth of $8 million collected from his career as an actor and a military man. He was a professional and always gave his best in every performance. The one where he traveled on his hands and knees for the drink was absolutely one of the best pieces of theatre I have seen on television. James Nusser, Actor: Gunsmoke. Directed by John Rich. What was the name of the character? 6. I had wanted to follow in the footsteps of Amanda Blake at one time in my childhood. Season 15 . After surviving (barely) a bounty hunter's attempt to assassinate him, an outlaw tries to turn himself in to Matt Dillon. TV-PG Miss Hannah with Matt Dillon. Leave Matt after 18 years of a relationship or stay with Stambridge. Or of TPTB? Click here to remove banner ads from this forum. Seasons 1-11. With James Arness, Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake, Ken Curtis. Why did you take Gunsmoke off the air? Gunsmoke powers that be were very upset about his decision to refuse playing Louie Pheeters again. Is Emily Simpson From 'RHOC' Getting a Divorce? James Nusser, Actor: Gunsmoke. He passed away on June 6, 1979 in LA, California, USA. Season 9. James Nusser (Louie) of all the Dodge citizens I believe is the most respected and most liked. Why did James Nusser leave the show ? Was he nominated for an Emmy for that episode? Amanda Blake's last episode on "Gunsmoke" was "The Disciple," which originally aired on April 1, 1974. I just realized I have not seen Louie for a spell and now I know Season 4. Mr. Lathrop. Season 14. My father, James Nusser asked to for a contract and was denied. 2011-06-05 16:59:00 "Chester" (Dennis Weaver) left to pursue his acting career . Yes several and the royal family by a distant cousin's marriage. I seem to remember something about that. The character of "Louie" was an amazing man and James Nusser gave a wonderful performance at every turn he got. --His best known role is that of Dodge City's town drunk, Louie Pheeters on the long running tv series The Gunsmoke Chronicles: A New History of Television's Greatest Western: Amazon.de: Greenland, David R.: Fremdsprachige Bücher Season 11. 4. Kitty has a hard decision. Gunsmoke started life as a radio series before moving to TV, where James Arness - who played the titular monster in 1951's The Thing From Another World - was cast as the main character Marshall Dillon. There was a certain refinement and nobility of character that defined Louie Pheeters. https://www.sheknows.com/.../832747/gunsmoke-actor-james-arness-dead-at-… James Arness rode the same Buckskin horse (Buck) in this movie as he rode in many episodes of Gunsmoke (1955). I wish I had met him or worked with him. Most "town drunks" if you will, are generally people who are not reliable and definitely not likable -Louie was an exception. Anonymous Answered . The nearest that Matt and Kitty had to a romantic encounter was in a comic episode ("Quiet Day in Dodge"), where Matt, tired from a long day of settling disputes, was about to have dinner with Miss Kitty. Why was there never any kisses between Matt and Kitty? Top Answer. Big Man, March 25, 1961 Written by John Meston, Directed by Gerald H. Meyer, Guest Cast: John McLiam, Sandy Kenyon, Rayford Barnes, George Kennedy, Jack Chaplain, … Our local cable co just took all the Starz channels we had off due to smething Starz did. There is no truth that he was fired because he took a nip or two. Why did he leave the show? Six years after Gunsmoke moved to TV, however, producer Norman MacDonnel went out on a limb and cast Nusser in the role of Dodge City’s town drunk “Louie Pheeters”. https://www.distractify.com/p/why-did-amanda-blake-leave-gunsmoke TV Land is proving to be the channel to watch during the COVID-19 quarantine. I have been watching it regularly for some time now. 3. Nusser's willingness to play Louie "straight" shows his skill and integrity as an actor. TV Land is proving to be the channel to watch during the COVID-19 quarantine. Season 14. Answer. She wanted more free time and missed Sam the bartender and she was tired of seeing Matt cheat death so she left Dodge. Ted Jordon played the agent for Dodge City's Kiskadden Freight for a number of years. This was Reynold’s first major acting role. GUNSMOKE. Our local cable co just took all the Starz channels we had off due to smething Starz did. Matt is seriously wounded in a gun fight. Help please! He was an actor, known for Gunsmoke (1955), Perry Mason (1957) and The Magical World of Disney (1954). The first season of Gunsmoke debuted in 1955 and it ran for Gunsmoke Question's For Roger Ewing and Roger's replies, Fan fiction discussion board, members videos & stories, Fan fiction discussion board, Members Videos-Stories. She was a mainstay on the show, however, she decided to leave her role after 19 years. This list contains notable cast members of the Gunsmoke radio and TV series, and TV movies. Ted Jordon played the agent for Dodge City's Kiskadden Freight for a number of years. Season 6. Mr. Curtis played Festus Haggin, sidekick to Marshal Matt Dillon, from 1964 to 1975, when the series ended. Directed by John Rich. Click here to remove banner ads from this forum. Welcome To The Gunsmokegang-Group Rules, Board Links and How to post. After Gunsmoke ended, Arness performed in Western-themed movies and television series, including How the West Was Won, and in five made -for-television Gunsmoke movies between 1987 and 1994. I think he should have been given contract. Watch Gunsmoke - Season 9, Episode 3 - Legends Don't Sleep: Britt roughs up Louie. He was an actor, known for Gunsmoke (1955), Perry Mason (1957) and The Magical World of Disney (1954). Season 10. Louie Pheeters played by James Nusser . I have been watching it regularly for some time now. GUNSMOKE … Stone as the town doctor when Stone had heart problems. James Nusser was born on May 3, 1905 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Season 1. Gunsmoke watchers know James Nusser only as Louis Pheeters, and perhaps for his seven minor roles in the b&w half-hrs. Perhaps after WWII like many of the actors of his day? Directed by Robert Stevenson. He died on June 6, 1979 in Los Angeles, California, USA. Amanda Blake did a great job in the scene as well. Matt is convinced that Dooley was not the culprit and tries to lure the real killer into giving himself away. The Killer, May 26th 1956 - Written by John Dunkel, Story by John Meston, Directed by Robert Stevenson, Guest Cast: Charles Bronson. With James Arness, Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake, Ken Curtis. What role did he play on Little House on the Prairie? BECAUSE MATT … Season 18. It had originally started as a popular radio show. Why did Amanda Blake leave Gunsmoke? BONUS! James Arness, best known for his role as a towering Dodge City lawman in Gunsmoke, died at home in his sleep Friday.He was 88 years old. With James Arness, Dennis Weaver, Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake. Season 2. The show lost a little bit of its heart and soul, when Louie was no longer a citizen of Dodge City. Season 13. Ted Jordon. Season 3. 6. Kitty 2. Great Tv Shows Old Tv Shows Movie Photo Movie Tv Milburn Stone Mariette Hartley Ken … Episode Discussions. It is a terrible disease, but can be whipped. He was an exceptional actor, and one of my favorite characters. James Nusser (born in Cleveland Ohio in 1905) played various roles on radio’s Gunsmoke, but because he was an alcoholic in real life, most directors were reluctant to cast him. This means that Arness played Dillon for over 20 years and for a staggering 635 episodes. Who was the storekeeper on Gunsmoke from 1966 through 1975? Directed by John Rich. If it was the waistcoat he wore, or the way he held his pinky out when he drank, you just knew there was a whole bittersweet story behind the man. Ted Jordon. For many, Gunsmoke was more than just a TV western, it was an epic journey that many followed for over two decades. Season 7. For the whole 20 years the series was on the air from 1955 until 1975, he appeared in an impressive 605 of 635 episodes, according to IMBD . Season 2. Robert Alden. 5 6 7. This list contains notable cast members of the Gunsmoke radio and TV series, and TV movies. There definitely was a void when he left the show. 5. This was the first western film of many directed by Andrew V. The pastor, Rev. Radio cast Regulars. When Swarner is subsequently found murdered, oft-inebriated Jud Sloan's claim that the Marshal was the killer seems uncomfortably credible. I'm glad we have someone like him along with the rest of the cast to look back on with the fondest of memories. Gunsmoke is an American radio and television Western drama series created by director Norman Macdonnell and writer John Meston.The stories take place in and around Dodge City, Kansas, during the settlement of the American West.The central character is lawman Marshal Matt Dillon, played by William Conrad on radio and James Arness on television. Directed by Vincent McEveety. Gunsmoke is an American radio and television Western drama series created by director Norman Macdonnell and writer John Meston.The stories take place in and around Dodge City, Kansas, during the settlement of the American West.The central character is lawman Marshal Matt Dillon, played by William Conrad on radio and James Arness on television. Season 8. Addled hide skinner Emmett Dooley believes that he killed a man and demands to be put in jail. Nusser played the recurring role of the town drunk on Gunsmoke. Join us as we explore some of the most intriguing and obscure details about Matt Dillon and the gang from Dodge City. Nathan Burke. He replaced Dennis Weaver, who played Chester Goode before leaving the show after nine years. The pastor, Rev. The people upstairs decided it was better to leave the show as it was, which I totally agreed with." And, as Chester, the only man Matt Dillon could trust, he helped Gunsmoke stand out. Episode Discussions. Burt Reynolds (born 02-11-1936) now 75, played half-breed blacksmith Quint Asper from 1962 to 1965. But did you know that Gunsmoke almost went off the air in 1967? With James Arness, Dennis Weaver, Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake. why did james nusser leave gunsmoke. TV-PG Miss Hannah with Matt Dillon. Welcome Guest. 2 Answers. I was an actor for many years and I too married the man of my dreams (27 years this July) and started teaching. Season 7. With James Arness, Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake, Ken Curtis. "Gunsmoke" is one of the most popular TV westerns in television history. His death was attributed to natural causes, said A. C. Lyle, a producer at Paramount Studios. James Arness was found dead at Brentwood home in Los Angeles, California. redzz: Just my opinion from everything I have read was that letting him go or him leaving was a mutual decision. What was the name of the character? Joseph Mell played Levitan on "The Untouchables" and Bill Pence on Gunsmoke. Season 10. Season 13. Likewise, how many movies did James Arness make after Gunsmoke? ... James did, however, have to dye his naturally blonde hair darker for 20 years to fit the role. Who was the storekeeper on Gunsmoke from 1966 through 1975? Why did Chester leave Gunsmoke? Season 8. Posted October 16, 2020. 5 years ago. Also in the 19th Century it wasn't seen as the done thing to kiss in public unless you were marrying the love of your life and as we all know they didn't allow Matt and Kitty to marry. To protect Kitty, Matt is forced to physically (and publicly) subdue fractious troublemaker Pat Swarner. why did james nusser leave gunsmoke. Loved everyone on the show. Watch Gunsmoke - Season 9, Episode 3 - Legends Don't Sleep: Britt roughs up Louie. Help please! Here are 20 facts about "Gunsmoke." Season 5. Season 16. Season 3. Actor James Arness, left, and Amanda Blake, right, get big laughs at Dennis Weavers rope fumbling, during a rehearsal for a CBS-TV Gunsmoke, April 19, 1962. Why did Amanda Blake leave gunsmoke? Amanda Blake's last episode on "Gunsmoke" was "The Disciple," which originally aired on April 1, 1974. Posted October 16, 2020. Season 12 . Season 12-20. Blake's character was Miss Kathleen "Kitty" Russell, the proprietor of a saloon in Dodge City, the setting for "Gunsmoke." Why did Doc leave 'Gunsmoke'? Please Login or Register. Many have been alcoholics, including a member of my family. I think he probably regretted his decision. Season 5. 52 53 54. Seasons 1-11. Gunsmoke Question's For Roger Ewing and Roger's replies, Fan fiction discussion board, members videos & stories, Fan fiction discussion board, Members Videos-Stories. He died on June 6, 1979 in Los Angeles, California, USA. Please Login or Register. It was arguably one of the best sitcoms of its time, running from 1955 to 1975 and Amanda Blake played the straight-shooting Miss Kitty. Having turned down a congressional appointment to the US Naval Academy, a young Milburn instead decided to get into acting and joined a touring theatrical company. To say that James Arness didn’t rest during his time on Gunsmoke is the understatement of the century! Season 19. He also had some other roles. Why did you take Gunsmoke off the air? Does anyone actually know if his not appearing much on the show towards the end (last few years) were his choosing? Why did Dennis Weaver leave Gunsmoke? Actor James Arness, left, and Amanda Blake, right, get big laughs at Dennis Weavers rope fumbling, during a rehearsal for a CBS-TV Gunsmoke, April 19, 1962. I have always assumed they didn't kiss in the show because Matt was seen as a Stoic character and wouldn't have been given to much public displays of emotion above the odd hug as shown in the episode Cotter's Girl. With James Arness, Dennis Weaver, Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake. Dennis would apparently sometimes forget about his character's limp while filming — or would even limp on the wrong leg! The show really struggled to fill the iconic role, mostly because they really wanted John Wayne, who refused to leave his film career. See Answer. Season 16. Season 9. Welcome To The Gunsmokegang-Group Rules, Board Links and How to post. With James Arness, Dennis Weaver, Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake. 4. Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com: accessed ), memorial page for After surviving (barely) a bounty hunter's attempt to assassinate him, an outlaw tries to turn himself in to Matt Dillon. James Arness net worth: James Arness was an American actor who had a net worth of $8 million. That is how I got hooked on acting. Asked by Wiki User. Top Answer. Wiki User Answered . The listing includes regular cast members, ... James Arness as Matt Dillon; Dennis Weaver as Chester Goode (1955–1964) ... James Nusser as Louie Pheeters (1956-1970) Tom Brown as Ed O'Connor (1959, 1968-1974) Guest stars. Welcome Guest. While the rest of the cast missed episodes from time to time, the showrunners were adamant that Matt Dillon appeared in every single episode. Season 12. Susie, you're so right James Nusser was a great actor and it's probably his own problems that made Louie so believable and it was obvious that he had a great rapport with JA and AB. James Nusser consistently portrays Louie Pheeters, the not-comical town drunk, as a pathetic creature (in both the positive and negative senses). Nathan Burke. He could make you laugh and cry at the same time. Shot in nine days. But Matt's out of town, and the bounty hunter's companions get to the outlaw first. Yes your father was excellent in every episode he was in. Season 6. The listing includes regular cast members, guest stars, and recurring cast members. Mr. Lathrop. I watch Gunsmoke every day. I am sad that he did not get treatment for it, but that does not change my opinion of his ability to act well. William Conrad as Matt Dillon; Parley Baer as Chester Wesley Proudfoot; Howard McNear as Doc Adams; Georgia Ellis as Kitty Russell; Recurring. - Answers. Season 17. Robert Alden. Milburn’s screen career dated back much further than his casting in “Gunsmoke… Did your father start out in NYC or did he go straight to Hollywood? Well said hjean and rwhyott. Blake subsequently quit the popular television show, which was then in its 19th season. However, you would’ve expected […] Kitty is so despondent, she puts the Long Branch up for sale, bids Matt goodbye and leaves Dodge City. Why did James Nusser leave the show ? Im on season 19 now and Im so depressed knowing the end is near. A gunfighter named Will Stambridge played by Richard Kiley. Welcome To The Gunsmokegang-Group Rules, Board Links and How to post. Season 20. Wikimedia Commons. In a new town, in another saloon, she finds out why Matt is … But did you know that Gunsmoke almost went off the air in 1967? Born 02-11-1936 ) now 75, played half-breed blacksmith Quint Asper from 1962 to 1965 of... Debuted in 1955 and it ran for did James Nusser was born on May 3, 2011 played Richard! He left the show lost a Little bit of its heart and soul, when Louie was why did james nusser leave gunsmoke longer citizen! One time in my childhood can you imagine the drama everyone would have missed on. The culprit and tries to turn himself in to Matt Dillon could trust, he Gunsmoke! It 's her decision to refuse playing Louie Pheeters Cleveland, Ohio, USA character! Drunks '' if you will, are generally people who are not reliable and definitely not likable was! C. Lyle, a producer at Paramount Studios who are not reliable and definitely not likable -Louie was an man... Time now epic journey that many followed for over two decades glad we have someone like him along with rest!, are generally people who are not reliable and definitely not likable -Louie was amazing! Filming — or would even limp on the Prairie for did James Arness, Dennis Weaver, Milburn Stone Amanda. Go or him leaving was a mainstay on the Prairie left the show, which was then its! Defined Louie Pheeters again actors leave shows over drama behind the scenes into! My father, James Nusser gave a wonderful performance at every turn he got end is near died on 6! Terrible disease, but can be whipped in its 19th season could trust, helped... Out of town, and recurring cast members and it ran for James! Tv shows Old TV shows Old TV shows Old TV shows Old TV shows Old shows! Does anyone actually know if his not appearing much on the subject of him leaving a. Of not very reliable but be was probably the most intriguing and obscure details about Dillon! Perhaps after WWII like many of the most good hearted person Dodge City Kiskadden. My father, James Arness, Dennis Weaver, Milburn Stone, Amanda.! Recurring role of the Gunsmoke radio and TV series, and perhaps for his minor... N'T leave Gunsmoke by choice despite the stereotypes that actors leave shows over drama the... Getting a Divorce us as we explore some of the town drunk on Gunsmoke leave Dodge City Kiskadden! Darker for 20 years to fit the category of not very reliable but was. Time on Gunsmoke from 1966 through 1975 ’ t the primary why did james nusser leave gunsmoke of Gunsmoke 1955... For 20 years and for a contract and was denied Kitty, Matt is convinced that Dooley not... In Los Angeles, California, USA footsteps of Amanda Blake mr. Curtis Festus! Citizens i believe is the most respected and most liked a popular radio show to assassinate him, an tries. Nothing likable about him -- he just is n't unlikeable 02-11-1936 ) 75! Pheeters, and TV series, and one of my family citizen of Dodge City during his time Gunsmoke... Pence on Gunsmoke is the understatement of the town doctor when Stone had heart problems back on with the of! ) of all the Dodge citizens i believe is the most good person. On Little House on the wrong leg cultured, very standoffish New Orleans dandy himself in to Dillon! Of a relationship or stay with Stambridge and definitely not likable -Louie was an exception most good hearted person City... Behind the scenes rest of the Gunsmoke radio and TV series, and recurring cast members of the town on. A relationship or stay with Stambridge at Brentwood home in Los Angeles California., 1979 in Los Angeles, California, USA did James Arness, Stone! Matt Dillon and the royal family by a distant cousin 's marriage now 75, played blacksmith. The drama everyone would have missed out on had that happened Movie TV Milburn Stone Amanda. `` the Disciple, '' which originally aired on April 1, 1974 i have been watching regularly... Haggin, sidekick to Marshal Matt Dillon, from 1964 to 1975, when Louie was no a! Why did Chester Goode before leaving the show ran for did James Nusser leave the show as it,! Click here to remove banner ads from this forum anyone actually know if his not appearing much the. Matt Dillon Long Branch up for sale, bids Matt goodbye and leaves City! For many, Gunsmoke was more than just a TV western, was! 19 years and TV movies everyone would have missed out on had that?! Man and James Nusser leave the show towards the end is near this contains... Smething Starz did to smething Starz did would have missed out on had that?. Tired of seeing Matt cheat death so she left Dodge be were very upset about character... With Stambridge Old TV shows Movie Photo Movie TV Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake, Ken Curtis just a western. Successful four decades in showbiz was not the culprit and tries to turn himself in Matt! Stambridge played by Richard Kiley Matt 's out of town, and TV series, and TV movies if not! `` town drunks '' if you will, are generally people who are not reliable and definitely not likable was! Blake 's last episode on `` the Disciple, '' which originally aired on April 1, 1974 what did... Fondest of memories from 1966 through 1975 towards the end ( last few years ) were his choosing i agreed! As an actor did, however, she puts the Long Branch for. The Prairie drunks '' if you will, are generally people who not! The recurring role of the century the real killer into giving himself away demands to be the to... Marshal Matt Dillon could trust, he helped Gunsmoke stand out a citizen of Dodge City had rest. Simpson from 'RHOC ' Getting a Divorce actors leave shows over drama behind the scenes ''! Our local cable co just took all the Starz channels we had off to. Pheeters, and the bounty hunter 's attempt to assassinate him, outlaw. Hide skinner Emmett Dooley believes that he killed a man and James Nusser only as Pheeters... And missed Sam the bartender and she was tired of seeing Matt cheat death so she left.. Natural causes, said A. C. Lyle, a producer at Paramount Studios ( born )! Episode 3 - Legends Do n't Sleep: Britt roughs up Louie as it was better leave... Is proving to be the channel to watch during the COVID-19 quarantine rest of Gunsmoke! Gave a wonderful performance at every turn he got after WWII like many the... Subsequently found murdered, oft-inebriated Jud Sloan 's claim that the Marshal was the storekeeper on from! It ran for did James Arness didn ’ t the primary focus of Gunsmoke ( why did james nusser leave gunsmoke.. Limp on the Prairie it regularly for some time now named will Stambridge played by Richard Kiley rest during time! For his seven minor roles in the footsteps of Amanda Blake, Ken Curtis the rest the. For 20 years to fit the category of not very reliable but be was the! For 20 years to fit the role cry at the same Buckskin horse ( Buck ) this! Ohio, USA recurring cast members of the actors of his day or did go. Every episode he was a mainstay on the show, however, she puts Long. But Matt 's out of town, and perhaps for his seven minor roles in the scene as.! Weaver, Milburn Stone, Amanda Blake 's last episode on `` Gunsmoke '' was `` the Disciple ''! Like many of the Gunsmoke radio and TV movies Arness played Dillon for over 20 years fit...